Saturday 6 April 2013

I'm I ever doing paintings?

Lonely Cities - Zachary Johnson
If there is one question that I ever ask myself when exploring the means of art, then it would be, "I'm I ever doing paintings?" Why? Because I simply don't have an attraction to that side of art as much as I do to the other, which is the design bit (here you can reluctantly argue whether design is part of art and what both these two words mean) but anyway back to the question. Let's see... I doubt it? But then again when I see the amazing paintings below I kinda want to go back to tradition and explore the means of painting... even if that means I will get less time designing.


Of course when I say paintings it's really not just paintings. I am just referring to more technical art. For example, paintings, drawings, with medias like oil, acrylic, charcoal, watercolor, etc. I love drawing, and this will definitely be something I will develop in the future, but my painting and everything else is still very rusty, which I why I'm hesitating whether to spend time on it if I don't like it that much as well.

But anyway, here are some pieces I love.

The Kiss - Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
Super Massive Black Hole - Elia Fernandez
Daydreaming - BenjiiBen
New York Heights - Wilfred Lang
by Savanah Forte

by Matthew Davis

Beneath the Bayshore Freeway - Jeremy Mann

Braid 2 - Elizabeth Mayville
Mmm... a good dose of art. Do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment